Basics of Biblical Hebrew: Grammar
The Basics of Biblical Hebrew: Grammar (second edition)
Written by: Dr. Gary Pratico and Dr. Miles Van Pelt
See the many resources for learning Basics of Biblical Hebrew.
Basics of Biblical Hebrew takes the groundbreaking integrative approach of William Mounce’s widely used Basics of Biblical Greek and applies it to learning and teaching biblical Hebrew. This book makes learning Hebrew a natural process and shows from the very beginning how understanding Hebrew helps in understanding the Old Testament.
Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew
- Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches.
- Field-tested at a number of colleges and seminaries.
- Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than “made-up” illustrations.
- Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process.
- Typestyle highlights particles added to nouns and verbs for easy recognition of new forms.
- Includes a CD-ROM featuring the full answer key to the accompanying workbook; and full-color, printable charts and diagnostics.
- With an Internet connection, you can also access additional resources including FlashWorks(TM), a fun and effective vocabulary-drilling program from Teknia Language Tools.
- Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference.
In the second edition, the best-selling Hebrew grammar just got better! Featuring five fully rewritten chapters, this standard seminary/college textbook offers a complete course for learning the elements of Old Testament language.