Do you want to go Deeper in your Bible Study?
Did you know you can learn a little Greek, without all the headaches, and reap tremendous benefits in your Bible study? Welcome to Foundational Greek (formerly, The Biblical Greek Primer).
“I am convinced that this video series can make a significant difference
in studying your Bible, helping you go deeper,
but without the pain of learning Greek the traditional way.” —Bill Mounce
What is Foundational Greek?
If you learn a little New Testament Greek, you will be able to go deeper in your Bible study and use better Bible study tools, including Greek word studies. But you don't have to go through the pain of fully learning the language. Foundational Greek is our primary tool for teaching a little Greek.
Is Foundational Greek Right for You?
- Do you want to go deeper in your Bible study?
- Discover the Greek behind the English translations?
- Understand the information in a Strongs Bible?
- Do Greek word studies, not English.
- Use better dictionaries and commentaries, and not be frightened by the Greek words.
- Do you not have the time to do all the memory of traditional language learning?
Then yes, Foundational Greek is right for you.
Here's what you get
- 9 hours of video lectures and screen casts,
- Each lesson has a video lecture where Bill explains the Greek in approachable ways.
- Most lessons are followed by a screen cast of Bill using his Bible search software to show you how to use this new knowledge to go deeper in your Bible study. This hands on experience is crucial to learning and applying Greek to your Bible study.
"I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your work and willingness to share Foundational Greek with our church, Westminster Presbyterian in Johnson City, TN. The class has just finished and I had several participants who wish to continue their study of Greek. More than one student is already applying what they learned by digging deeper as they lead Bible studies.
"We found Dr. Mounce to be easy to follow; the length of each lesson was just right for a class of adult learners outside the seminary. The lectures were easily supplemented by materials from the website.... The combination of video and short assignments was just right for a Sunday school class. I will recommend this course to other churches in my denomination, and hope to take a group to the next level fairly soon."
Blessings in Christ,
Rev. Joel Kavanaugh
Watch before you buy
You can view the first three lessons for free in our free online class.
- Orientation. Bill summarizes what you can expect, and shows the Accordance modules he will be using and how to configure your copy so you can follow along
- Why Learn a Little Greek? Bill surveys the material he will cover and his goals for the class.
- Greek Alphabet. The obvious starting point for learning a little Greek.
We are so convinved that you will love Foundational Greek that your purchase is guaranteed. If you are unhappy with the video series and return it within 30 days of the invoice date, we will refund the purchase price (less PayPal charges, if applicable, and shipping).
Teknia and Accordance
Teknia and Acordance have teamed up to develop resources to help you achieve your goal of going deeper in your Bible study. This includes a special translation of the Greek Testament, a concise Greek-English dictionary, and a special version of Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words. Descriptions and links to Accordance to buy these resources can be found in the Orientation lesson in the online class. The videos come with a 15% discount coupon for buying Accordance and related modules.
If you don't use Accordance, you can also still learn the material using other Bible software. You will just have to find out how your software does what Accordance does. Our goal is to produce screen casts from other software.
Note: the screen casts were recorded using Accordance version 9. The recent upgrade to version 10 has several cosmetic changes, but the essence of how the two versions work is not that different. We will be making some updated screen casts.
The Greek for the Rest of Us Series
- Foundational Greek is the first of three classes.
- The second is called Church Greek, which teaches you enough Greek to use reverse interlinears.
- The third is Functional Greek, which will teach you even more Greek so you can use traditional interlinears.
Along with these two types of interlinears, you will be going deeper into your other Bible study tools. The three classes are sequential; each one assumes you know the content of the previous class.
For more information
You can always email us through our contact page if you have any questions.